top of page
The Lookout Hut (Rubha Hunish)
17The Lookout Hut was once part of the Duntulm Coast Guard Station which also comprised 3 houses in Duntulm built in 1930 for permanent coastguard officers. The lookout Hut was complete with observation room a small kitchen and bunks for the use of the officers when the weather was too bad for travelling the 1.75 miles back to their houses.
The Lookout Hut was originally equipped with a telephone and a call bell systems was fitted in each of the 3 houses. The houses were sold off in 1981 when the station was closed but the hut has now been taken over by the Mountain Bothy Association and has been renovated in the not too distant past.
bottom of page